Google

Thai & Lao Food

A Thai / Laos girl, Manivan Larprom shows you how to cook Thai & Lao food through her videos. Her authentic cuisine roots from Sakon Nakhon, Thailand and Paksan, Laos. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Welcome to Thai & Lao Food blog

Welcome to my Thai & Laos Food blog. I will instruct you on how to cook Thai and Lao dishes and give you traditional techniques that are used in Thailand and Laos.

My name is Manivan Larprom and I am part Thai and Lao. The reason for my blog is to preserve the authenticity of the Thai and Lao food. Generations evolve very quickly in North America so I want to preserve my Thai / Lao traditions. The root of my cuisine comes from northern Thailand and Laos.

I am a self-proclaimed Thai / Lao food critic. Why not? I was trained by a world renowned chef...my daddy!

Click on the "Make a Donation" button and place a donation to the development of my blog. I wish I could poste recipes everyday but financially, I must keep my day job. I can only devote my spare time into the development of this blog.

If it is not spicy, it is neither Thai nor Lao! Enjoy!

Manivan Larprom
larprom@hotmail.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sawasdee..thank you for making this blog and sharing your recipes. They are very helpful to me when I am cooking.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manivan,

I found you blog by accident. I have been interested in lao cuisine for a long time,but have had difficulties finding more than a few recipes. You blog is GREAT!

lpf

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could i make a request for loa eggrolls or khao jii paa te.

Thanks for all the great recipes

2:35 AM  
Blogger Manivan Larprom said...

If you are talking about deep fried eggrolls and not Spring Rolls made with Rice Paper, then I am not planning on posting any deep fried dishes until 2007. Would you explain further what 'khao jii paa te' dish is?

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In that recipe, is the shrimp paste meant to substitute fro bpaa deaek? sorry I'm not sure how to spell it, but you know what I mean the smelly but tasty ingredient? Essential to dham mak hung.... and assuming you know what I'm talking about, where to GET it? and what is is labelled as?

In the past I was given it from home jars from lao people so not sure if they made it themselves or what?? HELP!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Manivan Larprom said...

Please refer to my post on long bean noodle salad for some information on 'ba dek'. At Asian supermarkets, look for any salted or pickeled gourami fish in a glass jar. I will get my dad to make ba dek this summer since he loves fishing.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabadee baw? We have just returned from a wonderful month in Laos. Fabulous! We are now so hungry for Lao food!! Will keep an eye on the progress of your website. Thanks.

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i think your recipes are great and i'm currently doing my assignment on Lao food and i was just wondering if there any great dishes you can suggest me? Something easy and simple so i can serve my classmates.
Plz and Thank You

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com