Spring Rolls made with Rice Paper
These spring roll appetizer are so easy to make and very healthy because it is not deep fried. Fill the rice paper with anything you want. Also see wet rice paper spring rolls
In my video, you’ll see that I made a vegetarian spring roll filled with lettuce, carrots, avocado, green onions, long green beans, snow peas, mint, cilantro, and baby mixed greens. Traditional spring rolls are filled with sin khao bune (vermicelli noodles), pork, herbs and banana blossoms.
Instructions on how to make Spring Rolls:
1. Place a damp cloth over a flat surface.
2. Submerge a rice paper into hot water for less than 4 seconds.
3. Place the soft rice paper on to the damp cloth
4. Fill rice paper with vegetables and arrange neatly.
5. Roll the rice paper while tucking in vegetables .
6. Fold in the sides and finish rolling.
7. Roll and complete two rotations.
lf the spring rolls are made prior to serving, place the damp cloth over the spring rolls to keep the rice paper moist. Garnish the spring roll sauce with Crushed Toasted Peanuts.
Also see the wet rice paper spring rolls, spring roll dipping sauce, the toasting peanuts, and the appetizer recipe sites.
This recipe is in the Thai & Lao Food Recipe Book and therefore this video is free for viewing. Please refer to the list of Product Prices on how to get access to all the Thai & Lao Food private videos.