Sin Khao Bune - Vermicelli Noodle Bundles
Sin Khao Bune are rice noodles that resemble a long string like spaghetti. When purchasing sin khao bune make sure the package DOES NOT READ PHO. Pho noodles are for Lao Pho - beef noodle soup and pad Thai pho noodles.
However, sin khao bune are added to many dishes:
1. Add sin khao bune in spring rolls made with rice paper.
2. Place sin khao bune into individual bowls and top with chicken curry with bamboo and long beans.
3. Toss sin khao bune with green papaya salad in a bowl before serving.
4. Make Khao Bune noodle soup - fish curry noodle soup which is fish in coconut Thai Lao curry.
Instructions on cooking sin khao bune:
1. In a large pot, add 3 inches of water and bring to boil.
2. Add dry sin khao bune noodles and cook based on time described in the package.
3. When noodles are cooked, remove from heat and run cold water into pot while draining hot water.
4. Fill cold water into pot.
5. Dip hand into pot and use thumb, pointer and middle fingers to grab about 1/2 cup of noodles.
6. Wrap hanging noodles around pointer and middle fingers to make a bundle.
7. Let noodle drain in a colander for bundles to set and hold their shape.
8. Lightly cover noodle bundles with plastic wrap to keep from drying.
Please refer to the list of Product Prices on how to get access to all the Thai & Lao Food dvds and recipe books.