Google

Thai & Lao Food

A Thai / Laos girl, Manivan Larprom shows you how to cook Thai & Lao food through her videos. Her authentic cuisine roots from Sakon Nakhon, Thailand and Paksan, Laos. Enjoy!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Black Bean Coconut Drink

Thailand and Laos climate is hot year round and this cold drink refreshes and serves as an excellent light dessert.

Drink Recipe: Black Bean Coconut
1 cup dry black beans
1 teaspoon salt
2 litres water
1 cup sugar
2 cups fresh coconut milk
Ice

Soak black beans over night in cold water. Drain water from beans. In a large pot over high heat add beans, water, salt, and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil then to reduce medium heat and cover with lid. Stir occasionally and cook for 45 minutes. Make sure bottom of pot does not burn. Turn heat off. Add fresh coconut milk into pot and cool. Serve in a tall glass with ice and spoon.

I add left over black bean coconut drink to cook with sticky rice for the sticky Rice & Mango recipe. It gives the rice a nice purple colour and the beans add texture and protein to the dessert.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this dessert! It is easy and refreshing. When I make this I like to add in as many different fruits as possible like coconut meat, lynchees, jackfruit.... I love to cook Lao food. My family had a Thai Restaurant and I think I ate more than worked :-)I enjoy your page. Keep it going! You're doing a great job!!!!!!!!


Laotian friend
Tampa, FL

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com