Google

Thai & Lao Food

A Thai / Laos girl, Manivan Larprom shows you how to cook Thai & Lao food through her videos. Her authentic cuisine roots from Sakon Nakhon, Thailand and Paksan, Laos. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thai Lao Sweet Corn Wrap Dessert

Happy Valentines Day! I want to honour my parents today because "love is in the air". I am very blessed to have parents who build their love on honour and respect. I don't have a memory of my parents fighting nor raising their voices. My parents are like 2 halves who make up one whole. When they are together, they are complete and at home. As I am a product of their love, my work on Thai & Lao Food is a product of their love for me. Happy Valentines Day!

This corn wrap dessert is also known as "khao dome sa-lee". I've mentioned banana leaves and how you can make khao dome (coconut sticky rice in banana leaves). This dessert is very similar but wrapped in corn leaves. You can use banana leaves if you run out of corn leaves.

Dessert Recipe: Thai Lao Sweet Corn Wrap Dessert
3 cups corn kernels
1 cup sticky rice that has been soaked in water for minimum 4 hours and water drained
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh coconut milk
1 cup tapioca pearls
corn leaves

Discard about 3 layers of the outer corn leaves but save the tender corn leaves. Wash the tender leaves, pat dry, and cut the rough core. Remove corn husk and discard. Wash corn, cut kernels, and place into a large bowl. Add sticky rice, sugar, and fresh coconut milk. Puree until smooth. Add tapioca pearls and mix with spoon. Heat mixture over medium heat to thicken or wait about 2 hours until tapioca pearls thicken mixture. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture in corn leaf. Fold leaf and place into bamboo steamer with folded side down. Steam 20 minutes.


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Grace said...

Hi! Thank you so much for your blog videos, they have opened a door to my parents' country, Thailand, and now I feel more connected to my home country. Thank you so much! I will practice making this dessert and see if my parents like it!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com