Google

Thai & Lao Food

A Thai / Laos girl, Manivan Larprom shows you how to cook Thai & Lao food through her videos. Her authentic cuisine roots from Sakon Nakhon, Thailand and Paksan, Laos. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sour Fruit Dipping Sauce

This is my favourite dipping sauce for sour fruits like mangos and apples. When I was in my childhood tomboy phase, I would climb the apple tree in our yard and pick apples before they ripened. Everytime I make this appetizer, it brings back joyful memories. This recipe is a little different from the Green Mango Salad.

Vegetarian Recipe: Sour Fruit Dipping Sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
2 tablespoons ground toasted sticky rice
1 green mango or green sour apple

Remove mango peel but not apple peel. Slice fruit thinly so that surface is size of a teaspoon. In a small bowl dissolve sugar into fish sauce. Add chili flakes and mix. Add ground toasted sticky rice and mix. Serve sliced sour fruit and Dipping Sauce separately so that individuals can take a slice to dip into sauce.


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! That sounds delicious! I'm definately going to have to try that the next time I get my hands on a green mango. My mouth is already watering!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great page! I enjoyed viewing it. I'm from Loas also and will share this page with other friends. Oh, and about you mango dip this is exactly how we make it too.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Lisa Neppel Danzer said...

Thanks Larprom for the idea of trying the Thai dipping sauce with either green mango or a sour green apple. I did use just a bit less of the dried chili flakes. I had all the ingredients at home but did not have a mango available at the time and used the green apple. It was delicious!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff!! Sometimes our family likes to used shallots in our dipping sauce! my favorite because I love red onions and to me shallots taste like red onions. I love your lap recipe's my grandma always makes it. Do you know how to make the pork style? With the pork skin! I love all the types of lap if you can do a lap moo(pork) episode that would be great!

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it !
I also love it with some thinly sliced shallots and maybe a little bit thicker (with some more ground toasted sticky rice).
Thank you so much for your blog, I was searching everywhere for true genuine lao recipes ^^
Somhack

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com