Ground Toasted Sticky Rice
In order to make the Lap Lao Beef and the Lap Chicken dishes, which are the Lao national dishes, you MUST have ground toasted sticky rice. Ground toasted sticky rice is also used in the Green Mango Salad dish. Do not toast with cooked Thai Lao Sticky Rice.
Recipe for Ground Toasted Sticky Rice:
1. Toast sticky rice over medium heat in a pan.
2. Shake the pan often to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
3. Once the rice is toasted to dark brown, remove from heat.
4. Coarsely grind the rice using a Thai / Lao Mortar & Pestle Set or a coffee grinder.
5. Make sure the rice is coarsely and not finely grounded.
This recipe is in the Thai & Lao Food Recipe Book and therefore this video is free for viewing. Please refer to the list of Product Prices on how to get access to all the Thai & Lao Food private videos.